About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The State Proposes to Cut $285,308

$285,308 is being proposed to be cut by the Senate Finance Committee from Isanti's Local Government Aid and Market Value Homestead Credit (MVHC). Cambridge looks to be cut over $550,000 from their promised funds. The cuts themselves are terrible but the hypocrisy of both political parties regarding the MVHC makes me angry. The State gives the homestead credit on taxes but no longer pays for it... they have forced the Cities, Counties and School Districts to pay for a tax break they take credit for.... This is a huge unfunded mandate that hurts local government but makes state legislators look good.... I hope our legislators will either fix this or at least be honest about it.....

No comments: