About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Township and City Tax Base of Isanti County

      I thought it might be interesting to share what percentage of the County's overall tax base each township and city represents. I have listed the townships first followed by the cities - you will see the name then the percentage of the total tax capacity for each entity.... It gives a better understanding of how much tax capacity is in each community and whose taxpayers are paying the bills.... All of us pay County taxes and those of us in the cities pay our own city taxes for city services such as police, planning and other services the county provides to township residents at no additional charge. I try to make this point when the County ask the City for more money from us when at the same time they do not ask the townships for similar contributions.

 Athens 5.53% 
 Bradford 8.93%
 Camb Twn 6.98% 
 Dalbo 2.11% 
 Isanti Twn 6.32% 
 Maple Ridge 2.58% 
 North Branch 3.35%
 Oxford 2.89% 
 Spencer Brook 5.02%
 Springvale 4.14% 
 Stanchfield 6.49% 
 Stanford 6.49%
 Wyanett 7.22% 
 City of Cambridge 21.07%
 City of Isanti 11.41%
 City of St Francis 0.03%
 City of Braham 2.52%  

The Cities of Cambridge and Isanti contribute roughly a third of all taxes to the County.

No comments: