About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Candidate Forum

The Candidate Forum was a great success. Unfortunately there was not a big crowd. The questions ranged from high levels of current taxation to support for greater police protection.

I stated my positions of offering a 12% tax reduction that the current Mayor did not support. The police protection question brought us back again to the 2005 budget battle in which the current Mayor voted for a $54,000 Administrative Assistant instead of my proposed police officer position.

The questions we were asked showed a clear difference in our positions.

I would like to thank the Chamber for conducting this event in a fair and transparent manner.

No comments: