About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stop Stealing Signs

Well we have hit the 20th stolen sign. I do not know whether to be mad or sad for the pathetic little creatures that do this. I will save the lecture on the freedoms you are destroying by interfering with free speech.

If you have had a sign stolen let me know and we will replace it. This petty form of bullying can not be allowed to continue. In 2004 I had 30 signs stolen and damaged and we won handily. These acts are the last gasp of a good ole boys network that is crashing down.

It will get worse before it gets better but we shall prevail.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just reposted 4 signs on my yard after teenagers knocked them down while riding by on their bikes.

Anonymous said...

SOME OF MY SIGNS AS WELL HAVE DISAPPEARED. THIS IS FRUSTRATING. MY FAMILY DOES NOT HAVE A MONEY TREE THAT I CAN GO TO WHEN I NEED MORE SIGNS. THESE SIGNS ARE NOT CHEAP AND WHEN YOUR TALKING 20 SIGNS IT ADDS UP TO A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT. I, LIKE MOST OF US THESE DAYS, LIVE PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK SO TO SPEEK AND THE MONEY I USE FOR MY CAMPAIGN IS MINE AND DONATED. I COULD GO ON ABOUT MORE LIKE WIMMER SAID BUT EVERY BODY KNOWS SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO GROW UP JUST ALITTLE. IT WON'T BE LONG AND NO ONE WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE SIGNS ANY MORE. THANKS FOR READING. JUST HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GEORGE

Anonymous said...

Correction:

The above comment should read the money I use for my campaign is mine and NOT donated.

Anonymous said...

The signs on my front yard were damaged by teenage kids going by on bikes and using their outstretched arms to knock the signs down. I got them back up, but they are all bent out of shape. Only a few more weeks.....

Anonymous said...

Appears we've taken a step farther. I noticed tonight on my way home that the new thing to do is to take signs a place them in front and right next to other signs. For instance, the Sue Larson signs that are covering the Jeff Kolb sign on County RD 5.

It is sad.