About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Mayoral Positions

I have a few Mayoral positions I will bring to Isanti if elected.

I will have set office hours so any Citizen or Taxpayer may come talk with me. This will open up the communication process so everyone is treated equally no preferential treatment is given to the wealthy and powerful.

I will begin a Mayor's award for the best yards in Isanti. I have been pushing for a Community Service Officer to enforce Isanti's nuisance ordinances. I also believe we need to positively reinforce those home owners that are doing a great job with their yards. Each month of May, June, July, August, September and October yards would be nominated and the top three winners named and published and granted donated monetary awards.

I believe strongly we must have positive reinforcement as well as a proactive Community Service Officer to ensure great looking yards that benefit everyone.

I have been pushing for a walking bridge over highway 65 as part of my safe routes program. A path underneath 65 does not seem to be feasible considering drainage and safety issues for such a long tunnel. We need to ensure safe routes for everyone over this busy and dangerous highway.

Lastly I want to talk about environmental concerns. Isanti needs to look at opening up and changing landscaping and drainage standards. This could include the use of prairie grass instead of standard sod for yards. Permeated materials for driveways and parking pads instead of concrete and asphalt. Water run off and chemical usage will be an issue for generations to come. We must seriously explore other solutions. This coupled with wildlife corridors and environmentally sensitive development will ensure a city that will be prosperous, safe and beautiful for generations to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Best Yard" award idea! What a fun incentive for folks to spruce up their yards.
Keep the fun ideas coming, George.

Anonymous said...

another group of great ideas. you are a leader with guts and ideas. keep up the great work. you haveto win.

Anonymous said...

great yard idea. carrot and stick with an actual carrot.

Anonymous said...

keep them jumping george only a few weeks left.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great idea George! I have some more ideas to go along with that. Alot of people are behind you!