About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Council History

I thought it might be good to refresh everyone's minds of some of the tactics used by my fellow Council Members to intimidate and silence me. This link also shows the "special" relationship between Isanti's Biggest developer, Brian Iverson, and the majority of three, Mayor Apitz and Council Members Johnson and Larson. Mr. Iverson asked to have the City silence me and these three obeyed in lock step. My response to this is at the end of the article.

15 days away from sending a message that reform is here to stay.

http://www.hometownsource.com/2005/september/22blogging.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah nice refresher... my favorite parts

“He is a trusted, elected, official,” Iverson said. “Having him put his opinions on the website . . . is not good representation of the city.”

I thought we had freedom of speech for a reason but....

Council members Ralph Johnson, Sue Larson and Mayor David Apitz sided with Iverson

Anonymous said...

since when is it bad to "put his opinions on a website" gee a public official that actually tells us what he thinks. go George go