About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, October 23, 2006

LGA Numbers

I thought it would be good to show the LGA, Local Government Aid, numbers for the last 4 years. Council Member Johnson said that the City LGA went down in his Letter to the editor. He seemed to use this as an excuse for the Mayor voting for higher taxes. Here are the numbers

2004 $311,664
2005 $434,633
2006 $546,860
2007 $603,536

Isanti's LGA almost doubled in the last 4 years. Honesty and ethics matter, remember that when you are voting on November 7th.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gang of three lie about everything. I hope everyone is paying attention. Keep getting the word out.

Anonymous said...

What if you normalize the data for $$ per person. I don't have the population numbers for those years or I would do it myself. Do the aid numbers still decrease?

Not that I am defending Ralph, but it would be interesting to know none the less.

George said...

The numbers on population are only estimates but going off the state demographer the ratio is $77 person in 2004 and $116 per person in for the 2007 budget. This is a 51% increase in LGA by $ per person. Ralph is wrong every which way you look at the numbers.