About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Blog Vindicated

City Attorney Clark Joslin delivered an oral preliminary report on my Blog at tonight’s Council Meeting. He stated the First Amendment Freedom of Speech is a basic right. Limitations are only accepted in very narrow circumstances. He stated he found no exceptions to this right in my Blog.

Mr. Joslin further stated that there are no communications in my blog that violate dissemination of any confidential data under the Data Practices Act.

He stated that if any individual has an issue with my blog that it is a private matter and does not concern the City. He further stated that he will have his final written report at the next Council Meeting. I will update you when I receive this report.

I hope this puts this issue to rest and we can now move on as a City Council. I will continue to use my Blog to discuss my decision making process. I also will continue to update the citizens of Isanti on the issues. This Blog has been an excellent tool to communicate directly with the residents I represent. I will continue the fight to reform city government and will not be intimidated.

I want to thank all those who expressed their support of me during this process. I will update you on the rest of the Council Meeting Wednesday morning.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god this is over! I would of had a real problem if this became an issues as I agree with the City Attorney, any problems someone may have, are personal and should be dealt with as such!

Congratulations Mr. Wimmer!

Anonymous said...

I hope that corrupt council leaves you alone now

Anonymous said...

keep protecting us from those developers. do not let them push you around. keep

Anonymous said...

I am glad that common sense won out over this silly item. However, it
is still disappointing to me that our tax dollars had to be used to
identify whether or not the City of Isanti should be exclued from
America's First Amendment protection. Keep up the good work of
communicating why you vote the way you do - it is truly the American
way!

Anonymous said...

Keep going George. These guys need to get out of your way. You are the only one who looks out for us. These other council people are looking to make their own money and do what ever the developers want.

Anonymous said...

Maybe they will get the point that we are all behind you and think before they attack you again

Anonymous said...

I hope this is done now, but I fear Mr. Iverson has only begun. Congrats George, keep fighting for our city and all the little things that make it great. I hope this wakes the people of this city up and we can get the "good old boys & girl" out of Isanti politics before they make sure there is a house on every square foot of land in the city, and don't forget the Apitz-Iverson city library that we so desperately need. Thanks George for being our voice.

Anonymous said...

I am proud to have you in Isanti. Thank you George for keeping us informed and protecting our rights. You should be our Mayor!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So seeing that it was unfounded, do those who brought it up have to pay back the city? Sounds like they have tarnished themselves more than you. Keep it up!