About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

October 3rd special meeting

Monday October 3rd the City Council will meet in special session to discuss the sewer/water rates and the preliminary budget. The sewer and water funds are running healthy cash balances but have significant structural issues. The cash balances are being increased by new construction fees. If the rapid residential growth slows as many predict then we would have significant problems. This was in part caused by last year’s rate reduction. This needs to be corrected to make sure these funds are in good financial shape. I will update you on any new information from the meeting.

No comments: