About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Library Update

Mr. Iverson offered to donate the land for the proposed library. This tax deductible offer was made contingent on the library being placed adjacent to is commercial property by the gas station at the corner of county highways 5 and 23.

The library construction fund has been growing from donations of all denominations. The real issue is what will be the yearly operating cost. This cost will be the responsibility of Isanti’s tax payers. I know many are very excited about the proposed library but we need to know the total true cost. A library can be a great asset to a community if it is affordable. I hope to receive information on the operating cost and update you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pathetic! Iverson trying to deflect bad press, so he "genorously" offers to DONATE the land for the mayors pet project.... the library we DO NOT need and cannot afford. This guy is as slippery as they come, just ask the people of the whisper ridge development. It is time to clean house in this city and get rid of all the good old boys and there conflicts of interest. I hope people take notice of what is going on in our city and vote them out come November. Is it time for an outside Investigation into these obvious conflicts?? I think so.