About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Police Officer Update

I asked my fellow Council Members to reconsider adding back a police investigator starting halfway through 2006. The Council would need to trim other cost to make room for this position. The last new officer hired was in the 2004. If an officer is not added in 2006 then we will have to wait until the 2007 budget cycle. It is critical to add a police investigator to free up patrol officers. Currently patrol officers do their own investigations. This means they are not patrolling Isanti’s streets. The new school and many more new homes and businesses will be constructed on the east side of highway 65. This adds many more miles for our patrol officers.

Making sure our city continues to be a safe and secure place for our residents is my top priority. Isanti’s rapid residential growth necessitates more police protection. This is an area that can no longer be neglected. We also have a methamphetamine problem in our city and county. Isanti’s police force is working hard everyday to solve these problems.

We have a special responsibility to our Fire and Police protection. These men and women need to know that they will have all the tools necessary to do their job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! At least 1 politician in this city knows there is a problem. If the others would stop trying to line there own pockets and make there own legacys, (IE- the Apitz-Iverson community library)this city would be much better off.

Anonymous said...

Very well spoken, could not have said it better myself. I routinely travel through your city to work and have considered moving there to make my commute shorter. I feel safe when I see a squad car or two out patrolling the streets and taking the garbage away.