About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Public Hearing Sewer and Water Rates

The City Council will be holding a public hearing to establish new sewer and water rates. The rates being presented will bring back balance to these funds.

I voted for a different set of rates. The rates I voted for would have had less of an impact on seniors and low income households. These rates would also have brought balance to the funds. The difference is not dramatic but without detailed information on the impact of the new rate structure, I felt that these groups should be given the most protection possible.

The increase is needed to bring the rates inline with current expenses. This gap has been caused by the ill-advised rate reduction last year and the increase cost of operation. We can not afford to continue to run a deficit in the sewer and water fund.

I hope any and all that want to be heard on this rate change come to the City Council meeting Tuesday November 1st.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A 62% rise is of the wall, who are the "Good old boys" kidding, especially when the bill comes with the electric bill, thus will triple plus the costs.. and we need both, what a blow for elderly and low income.. pity those who have electric heat, they may have none for the winter months.. or water, thus be taken away to the new high rises so entire SSI check gets spent on high rent, and the poor will be run out of town, another plus for the good old boys.

Anonymous said...

oops, that was off the wall..