About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Walking Bus Update

I have been receiving e-mails and phone calls on the walking school bus. I am eager to work with the many people interested in this possible solution to the school districts policy of not bussing in a 1 mile radius of a student’s school. The optimal solution would be to bus during the cold winter months and do the walking school bus during the warmer fall and spring months. The lack of busing is a school board decision. I am trying to find ways to fill the gap in service to the many concerned parents of small children. I look forward to working with all those concerned to solve this serious safety issue.

No comments: