About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Main Street Lights

I have been asked many times by many people what is going on with the lights on Main Street. They are on during the day and off at night or some on and some off. This has been and issue for over a year.

A meeting was held a month and half ago to give one last "last chance" to the contractor and manufacturer to solve this problem. As of today I have received no information on where we are in the process. My patience has finally run out. If a city can not make the lights work, then what confidence would our citizens have in anything else we do. I am as frustrated as anyone with this problem. I have asked for a plan of what to do next if/when this final "final last" chance does not work.

I guarantee people will be held responsible for this festering issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

main street you mean the "LANDING STRIP" for air planes, take 3/4 of the lights out there and put them someplace in the city where they can be used for kids and walker saftey!!