About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Council Member Kolb's Announcement

I was happy to see Council Member Kolb is running for City Council once again. He has been a tremendous asset to the City Council and his hard work on the Finance Committee, Personnel Committee, Development Advisory Committee, Fire Board, Arena Board, Planning Commission, Economic Development Authority and many other areas over the pass 18 months has made many of our reforms possible. His vote was critical in approving my budget, tax cut and implementing the Long Term Financial Plan I had been fighting for.

Simply put, Jeff has been good for this City.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has anyone else announced they are running?

George said...

There are a few but I commented on Council Member Kolb's record because I saw first hand what he has done.

There will be many that will say what they want to do or they will say what they think voters will want to hear. CM Kolb said what he wanted to do and then did it.

I have no first hand knowledge of anyone else's record that might be running at this point. I also know that CM Kolb will do the hard work and will full fill all the duties of a Council Member.

It is important that we have a Council that will do the work we need and the work we are elected to do. This is not an easy job nor is it a job that you just show up for Council meetings to rubber stamp City Staff or others decisions.

We have an excellent Committee, Commission and Board system in place that Council Members participate in so we are fully educated on the issues that we face as a community. We also have it set-up that there are 2 Council Members per each so no one Council Member can control an area of City Government.

This takes a special dedication and commitment of time and work.