About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fun Day





The Outhouse Racing Team took another 2nd Place. They did a great job creating, designing and racing this year. Potty Like a Rock Star is a great concept taking our Guitar Hero competition from the Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce's Spring Fling to a whole other level. Thanks to the Jones and Clement team for making me a very proud sponsor.

The Run/Walk this morning was great. A lot of participants including one amazing 77 year old runner.

The Dunk Tank was a blast. I was scheduled for 1/2 hour but ended up in there for an hour to cover some extra time. It was incredibly busy which was great. I was happy to see so many kids with great arms trying to dunk the Mayor....well doing more than trying....I was in the water a lot....

I was not able to spend as much time as I would have liked calling bingo but the time I spent was fun.

The Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce, sponsors and volunteers deserve a lot of thanks for putting on a great Parade and a great day today. It is their hard work and dedication that makes it all possible. Thank you......

No comments: