About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Downtown Update

Downtown revitalization continues to steam ahead. We have talked about all the new businesses and Isanti Retail Meats being the next important cornerstone of downtown. I wanted to touch on the many aesthetic improvements.

The wonderful mural inspired from a photo taken in the early 1900s, benches, flowers, Historic Downtown signs and great trash receptacles. I normally do not talk about trash receptacles but the six designed and built by Isanti's own Metal Coatings are fantastic. Thanks to the Isanti Lions for helping the City pay for them.

I hope all our Citizens and visitors noticed the improvements.

No comments: