About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, July 14, 2008

A few notes on July 15th Agenda

As the Agenda states we will have our State Senator and State Representative in attendance. I will be asking them some hard questions.

The other major item that will impact our Citizens is the water treatment plant. The original estimate was $5,695,000 and the lowest responsible bid was $4,020,000. The quotes ranged from $4,020,000 to $4,769,000. This is excellent news for the City. I will be asking how we will be able to lower our water rates since the construction cost is much lower and the main reason for the increased rates was the construction cost. This should be good news all around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's excellent news George. Its not often that you hear of something coming in that far under bid. Did the bid include any kinds of bonuses for completing work early, or penalties for late completion?

Anonymous said...

I agree great news and if George was not there no one else would ask to lower our high water rates. Thank you George.