About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jeff Kolb Announcement

Well it is that time again! The stage is being set for a very interesting election year. With the problems facing our country, state and city — now more that ever we need strong effective leadership.

We have made tremendous progress in Isanti over the last year and a half and have a lot of work left to do. I have worked hard to turn our city around and get it going in the right direction. With the slowdown in our economy, the home foreclosure crises and big developers leaving a mess in our city, we have a reduced tax base to deal with. So far we have managed to keep the city budget in balance but we will continue to have challenges.

Our commercial growth has helped our city and it needs to continue to be a priority for the future. We have put into place many new tools to locate and grow new business in our community. We have some exciting new projects in the works with the new EverCat Fuels biodiesel plant and Isanti Retail Meats, among many others. Along with this we have moved forward with a new water treatment facility, new police lieutenant and new police officer. All of this and we voted to cut property taxes, and reduce spending for the first time in history.

I would personally like to thank those who supported me in the last election and I ask for your support again in 2008! I hope I have gained the support of others through my hard work and dedication to the City of Isanti. I have worked very hard to turn our city in the right direction. The city primary is on Sept. 9 and the general election is Nov. 4.

I ask for your vote in 2008! Please feel free to contact me at 763-444-4304 or to visit my website at www.jeff-kolb.com to discuss any of the issues facing Isanti.
Blog at www.isantiblog.blogspot.com

No comments: