About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

CM Larson is Running for Mayor

Council Member Larson is running for Mayor. I will comment further in the days to come but I thought it would be good to refresh the public on her past activities through the following links. It is disappointing that we will have to all relive the shame of her past actions. When the Council asked her to resign, just last year and she refused, I said that would be the end of my discussion on the topic. I did not think that she would ever run for Mayor and the added fiscal responsibility it entails.

The Mayor is the last line in fiscal responsibility for the City. The Mayor signs all the checks that flow from City Hall. I am the one that caught her last year filing a bogus expense report for a trip she never drove. When the Council censured her and barred her from any involvement with fiscal responsibility I asked her if she would sign an expense report for a trip that a person did not drive and she said yes. Some might say I am being to negative but I am simply relating her past actions. I did not make her take any of these actions but I did shine the light of day on them. I will continue to openly discuss what is happening in our great City so long as I serve. We can not go back to the days of the good old boys and girl running the town.


The following link is a recap of her use of a city credit card for personal use, her attempt to get paid for a trip she never drove and her pulling the winning rodeo button a few years ago in private and the winner happen to be a close family member.

http://isanticountynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=561&Itemid=1

The next two links are my postings about asking her to step down from her Council seat.

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/03/tonights-council-action-regarding-cm.html
http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-statement-on-cm-larsons-actions.html


This story shows her close relationship with Brian Iverson's attempt to silence my criticism of his ill affects on the city of Isanti.

http://www.isanticountynews.com/2005/september/21iccblog.html

This is another story on her allegiance to Brian Iverson and trying to keep hm on our Economic Development Authority which was a terrible conflict of interest.

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2005/08/august-3rd-council-update.html

CM Larson ran in 2006 for Council saying Isanti taxpayers were not taxed enough and she proved it by this vote.

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/09/preliminary-budget-and-levy-update.html


I will be writing extensively about our differing votes and future plans for Isanti. My record is clear:

http://www.georgewimmer.com/record.html


I need your help more now than ever.......

http://www.georgewimmer.com/volunteer.html

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me. who would vote for her. she tried to take our money and now wants the top job protecting it. is this some bad dream?

Anonymous said...

The people of this town cann't elect her. We would be the laughing stock of the state. OMG this can not happen.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry, George. Isanti will not elect her.

Anonymous said...

Like with any big change the old guard tries one last grasp for power thinking no will notice or think they have a chance.

Fight George fight you are bulldog like your favorite Churchill

Anonymous said...

Are there any statutory limits on how much she can steal from the city? It will be interesting to see if anyone actually votes from someone who was caught stealing three different times.

Anonymous said...

There is no way she would ever be elected. I said that 2 years ago though and she slipped in.

What is she going to run on, raising taxes and I do not like George for catching me?

Anonymous said...

Amazing, simply amazing. I'm shocked she even has the gall to run. If she were to somehow get elected it would be a HUGE statement regarding the people of Isanti, and I'd start looking to move.

Anonymous said...

Who would support her. Who would say yes I will vote for the one who try to steal mony from the city and not for the one that protected the City? Seems pretty simple to me.

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see who puts Larson for Mayor sign in their yard. Tell your friends and neighbors in Isanti what the truth is.

Anonymous said...

You can not lose this election. If she wins we will all be a joke. Other than being mad at you what is she going to run on?

Anonymous said...

Does she hate you that much that she would be willing to drag herself through the mud again? What does she want to do? Raise taxes, stop the businesses coming from town, detroy the new level of ethics in town. Who is paying her way? I thought her big developer friend is broke.

Anonymous said...

It should be fun to see her campaign promises and slogans. I will guess that ethics and reducing taxes will not be included in her promises.

Anonymous said...

Isanti has elected an interesting group of people in the past.

You should win but do not take it for granted.

Anonymous said...

This is all the reason we need to stand together and fight for the good of all the people. The last thing anyone of us wants is to go back to the old ways of tax tax tax. We need to keep budgeting properly and spending wisely, especially during this housing slump. If we run the city correctly we will come out of this recession looking good. Please check out www.lower-isanti-taxes.com to learn more about Ross Lorinser for Isanti City Council

Anonymous said...

Good to see Ross support George. We can not go back to the bad old days.

Brian said...

Man I can not wait until her campaign lands at my door. I want to see what her goals are and then drill her with my questions about her past actions.

This will be better then creative ways to make solicitors go away.

I guess this is assuming that she will actually go door to door to talk to people like George and others have. Eastlund was just at my door today. If he can make it, she better.

Anonymous said...

Sue was working for Johnson for Commissioner. Is she going to stop that now or do both. She was in the parade for him and was doing the stuff on saturday for him.

Anonymous said...

Win baby win

If Isanti elects someone that tried to steal from the city than what hope do we have.

Anonymous said...

when i fist read this i thought it was a joke. who would support her?

Anonymous said...

I am very glad to see all the support for George. When I frist heard the news, I thought the same as the previous anonymous poster - "Is this a bad dream?" I am very glad that all the shady things have come back to light, so the citizens of Isanti remember the "mistakes" of the past. VOTE GEORGE WIMMER!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm there is nothing i can add other than repeating what has been said. i just want you to know you have my support.

VOTE GEORGE WIMMER MAYOR

Anonymous said...

You have changed how the city is run. no more back room deals, no more giving to the favroites, no more high taxes or crazy spending, no more intimidation. We would not know anything about how the city operates if it were not for you. You busted up the old bunch.

You tell what you think and why you vote a certain way. You rock and you have to win. We should all remember if it were p to sue this blog would not even be here. She obeyed Iverson and try to shut George down from bring the truth to the people. God Bless you.

Wimmer for Mayor.

Unknown said...

George, keep fighting for honest, open government meant to help Isanti. Say no to Larson's back-room, secret deals meant to help only herself and special interests.

Keep up all of your good work for Isanti.