About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Comprehensive Plan Update

The proposed Comprehensive Plan I saw on Wednesday still has some structural problems. The area covered is almost entirely within the existing City limits or what will be annexed this year. This will lead to the exact same problem as the current plan. We will grow out of it in a year or two and have to start all over again.

The other major issue is they seem to pay no attention to current zoning or desired future zoning. Recurring comment is that DSU does not listen to those helping in the process.

DSU which has been hired again to consult on this project is making the same mistakes they made in the 2002 Comprehensive Plan. I voted against hiring them since they failed in their first attempt. They seem to be failing once again.

If the current plan stands we will have another failed Comprehensive Plan and have wasted another $100,000.

The plan is to be approved by the City Council in October. This does not seem possible with all the errors in the presentation this week. I voiced my points to DSU at the meeting and hopefully they will be listened to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the comp plan meeting. what a joke. my land was ear marked for high density reidential. I told them repeatedly this is not what I want. I do not live in the city but i sure tell everyone to vote for you.