About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Residential Handbook Question Answered

I have received a few questions on the Residential Handbook, specifically on the list of ordinances. This would not be every single ordinance but would be the ordinances that affect home owners.

This would include fencing, home remodeling, roofing, decks, landscaping, nuisance and parking to name a few that would apply. The Handbook would help homeowners, especially those that bought their first home, better understand their rights and responsibilities.

Any other questions please let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question. Is there an ordinance against riding dirtbikes, snowmobiles, and ATV's in city ditches? Boy, is the noise getting annoying! Especially the dirtbikes!

George said...

There are ordinances that regulate their uses. ATVs and dirt bikes are not to be ridden in the City and Snowmobiles are to only ridden going out of town.

If there is an enforcement issues please let me know.

The County I believes allow usage of their ditch right of way for these vehicles at certain times of the year but I a mnot sure.

Anonymous said...

County Road 23 (Whiskey Road) is notorious for snowmobiles, ATV's and dirt bikes going through the ditches. The dirt bikes, especially are annoying as they go up and down the ditch constantly at a high rate of speed, they are very noisy and tear up the ditches. Isn't that road considered part of the city?

George said...

Any road with a County designation is under the County's jurisdiction. This owuld be 5 and 23 in the city of Isanti. I have sent a request for clarification this to the County.

Anonymous said...

Any chance the City of Isanti would ever get control of that road? Would then be easier to control and it is technically part of the city of Isanti....at least in my opinion. Thanks!

George said...

It is not part of the City. An example of this is the new sidewalk we are putting in on 23. This is a City project but we had to get permission to place it in the County right of way.

The county is responsible for maintaining county roads. That is one of the many places our County taxes go.

The County would not cede their rights over these roads. I am not sure we would want them to. The cost of maintain and reparing county highways is quite high.

Anonymous said...

Being a snowmobiler, items like this cause me concern. I like the idea of being able to ride from my garage and get to the major trail arteries. I really hate the fact that the annoying riders do not respect the neighborhoods on their way to the trails and it causes issues like this.

I would really like to see more enforcement rather than ditches and right of ways being closed.