About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sewer Rate Reduced by 20%

My 20% Sewer Fee reduction passed at tonight's Council meeting. Having development pay for itself went one step farther by having its sewer rate increased to better reflect its sewer impact. This lessens the subsidy paid by exiting home owners for new development.

To learn more about the months long struggle to bring fairness to this fee please read.

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2006/06/June-20th-2006-council-meeting.html

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2006/07/July-5th-council-update.html

This is a good but only first step in Tax and Fee reductions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Congratulations on this important change. Now the citizens can be fairly charged for water/sewer usage.