About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Vigorous Debate

I have had some good discussions this morning about my proposed agenda.

One point I want to make to everyone is that this is a proposed agenda....I am trying to start a debate in this City of where we want to go as a City. I welcome those that disagree with me. The only way to get to the correct answer is to discuss all sides and opinions.

Isanti needs to have tough discussion about the issues we face. I have said it before and will again...I am smart enough to know I am not always right.

We need to have vigorous debate. I will not take it personally. I had 6 older brothers, yes 6, I have been toughened up.

Isanti is a constant work in progress. The solutions we find together today will need to change as the City changes. We must be able to evolve and listen to others.

The last point is whether you agree or disagree with me, I have laid out an agenda for everyone to see and pick apart. I hope you hold each person running for office to the same standard. It is easy to agree with someone if they do not put out in writing their positions.

We have hard work to do. Lets do it together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will always attack you George. It would have been better if you just did not say anything until after the election. That is what politicians do. Then they tell everyone what they want to hear.
Politics chews up the good and that is why cities end up with terrible leaders.
I like the challenge to others to lay out in blak and white what they would do.

Anonymous said...

keep up the fight. no one else seems to get that we need to fix isanti asap

Anonymous said...

I leave on vacation for a week and all hell breaks loose lol I will stop over Thursday and you can get me up to speed. Keep working for us and get our taxes down. Everyone running for office better have a plan to save us from the slowing housing market. I find it funny they are attacking the one guy that has the guts put out a program for Isanti. You make a great leader but a poor politician. You are not suppose to actually tell everyone what you want to do lol. Keep up the good work and I will see you Thursday.

Anonymous said...

It would be great to see a live debate between the local candidates for Mayor and/or City Council. It most likely wouldn't happen, but it surely would be eye opening.

Keep up the good work George.

George said...

There will be a candidate forum. This is not a debate but a simple Q/A session. I would love for any group to sponsor a true debate. I will debate any opponent any place anytime.