About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

I watched my favorite movie tonight. "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"....Starring Jimmy Stewart. This is a classic that never looses its appropriateness to our lives. If you get a chance watch this movie--the original black and white is the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid, maybe it's time too, but there really is NOT anyone out there like that anymore.. Good Luck on your quest, we that quit trying in this town wish you the best, look around the neighborhoods, ask around, most want to move, or building, making a few $$ and moving on, so it's now just a number of years living here, not what alot thought originally, living out our lives here, etc..
Your Residential Handbook is a sweet start for these new folks.

George said...

very true on the Mr Smith comment...the housing and moving is a big issue. It affects those trying to sell the most. If we can not the city under control from taxes to crime to drinkable water then they will never get full value for their homes. It hurts those that want to live here and those that want to leave.