About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, August 25, 2006

My Agenda

There are only 10 short weeks left before the November 7th Election. I will be discussing one of my agenda items each week. This week I have choosen my proposed Residential Handbook:

Residential Handbook


I propose a Residential Handbook be created for Isanti's residents. The City already has handbooks for builders and developers. I believe that Isanti's citizens should have the same advantage of knowing the ordinances and fees that affect them.

The Residential Handbook would include the following:
  • List of City Ordinances
  • List of City Fees and Taxes
  • List of key Definitions including Easements and Right of Way
  • Chart showing where your Property Taxes are Spent
  • Copy of City Budget
  • List of City Officials with Contact Information
  • City Map with Government Buildings and Trails & Parks clearly marked
--To learn more about my agenda go to --

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had this when I moved here last year. I thank you for trying to get this done. You have my vote.

Anonymous said...

As long as you make it available from the city's website in PDF format I'll be happy.

George said...

Yes it will online at the City website and several real-estate agents have asked to partner with my idea and share the printing cost so they give it to new home owners.

Anonymous said...

You have to win. My neighbors and I all support you. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

the handbook is a great idea. keep working for us. it does not suprise me that there are handbooks for developers and builders and not for us. thank you george