About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Upcoming Poll

When filing closes on September 14th for Mayor and City Council I will put up a poll to test the waters. This is not a scientific poll but should be fun to see the results.

With all the signs out it looks to be a very competitive council Race. I have seen 4 different Council race signs -- Collison, Kennedy, Kolb and Duff.

I think we will need to think of a primary in Isanti's future elections if we get 5 or more people running for 2 seats. It will be possible for a winning candidate to receive 20% to 30% of the vote. This is to small a percentage to be a viable City election.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, two more signs I haven't seen. I guess we can say some people want changes around here.

George said...

yeah there will be 6 to 8 running I think. Should be interesting to see who wins and by what margin.