About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

2007 Street Improvement Project

The City Council will be discussing and voting on the 2007 Street Improvement Project on November 21st. This covers the areas in an around Elizabeth and Broadway. I have spoken against adding new sidewalk at a cost of over $126,000 on these low traffic streets. This area of Isanti is one of the few that have mature trees that would be destroyed in the construction of the Sidewalk. The 126,000 plus would be much better spent on sidewalks and trails along County Highways 5 and 23.

No comments: