About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2007 Street Improvement Project

We had the discussion on the 2007 street improvement project. Unfortunately we were unable to come to agreement on taking the money for the sidewalks on the low traffic streets of Elizabeth and Broadway areas and use it to build sidewalks on busier streets such as county highway 5 and 23. I had asked for this but the Council voted 3-2 to keep the $126,300 for the sidewalks in this area instead of along 5 and 23.

The street project had to pass by at least a 4-1 vote, so the whole project failed on the 3-2 vote. The parts of the project centering on replacing bad clay sewers, road repair and such needs to pass the Council. We also need to follow through on extending sidewalk along 5 and 23. I will be asking to have this item brought before Council when I am sworn in as Mayor if an agreement can not be reached before.

No comments: