About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Drug Bust

There were several big drug bust the last week in our Isanti community. The police departments involved have been working hard to make us safer. I have been working hard the last two years to improve our City Police force. This includes improved technology and additional Police Officer. The Council on a vote of 3-2, Mayor Apitz and Council Members Johnson and Larson voted against adding a new police officer that would be on the job today.

They instead voted for an administrative Assistant. The latest string of big arrest point to the significant rise in area crime. Check out www.georgewimmer.com for the police report of 2005. I bring this up to illustrate that priorities matters and votes matter. We will be making a decision November 7th for who will lead Isanti.

Here is the link to the various area drug bust:

http://www.isanticountynews.com/2006/November/1crimes.html
http://www.isanticountynews.com/2006/November/1marijuana.html
http://www.isanticountynews.com/2006/November/1meth.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am tired of hearing about drugs and Meth in our community. It makes me so angry. We need to do something NOW to protect our residents and most of all our children. George, what can we do?
Do you have a plan?

Anonymous said...

Hit the nail right on the head Dan.. It is sickening!! My entire family looks forward to casting votes for you and George on tuesday. Good luck guys!!