About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Interesting Election Facts

I found the voter breakdown interesting. There were 1305 possible votes for Mayor of this 79 people did not vote for either candidate. This equals 6% of the people that showed up to vote did not like their options.

This is more profound for the Council Race. There were 2610 possible votes because each person had two possible Council votes. 459 votes were not cast for any candidate. This equals 18% of all that showed up to vote did not like the options. This could be one person voting for no one so two votes not cast or a person only voting for one candidate and one vote not cast. With such a close council race this matters greatly.

Thought you might be interested......

No comments: