About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Jaysen Guthmueller Guest Writer Vet Benefit

I was absolutely overwhelmed by the support at the Vietnam Veteran's Benefit. My understanding is that it was the largest event to date at Spectacular Events, who by the way did their usual fantastic job. The food was great as well as the service. Thanks Carol and Dave!

The final numbers are in with the group raising about $9500.00 after expenses. The political candidates and business community were definitely there in full force. Thank You for the support!!

I would also like to thank Isanti City Council Candidate Alan Duff for his hard work in lining up 40 people to attend and support our Veterans.

Also, a special Thanks to you George for helping to keep the event in front of your loyal Blog readers and for sponsoring a table.

Thanks to Isanti City Council Candidate Jeff Kolb who graciously donated his time to help set up on the day of the event.

Thanks to County Commissioner Candidate Glen Holmstrom who sponsored a table.

The only down side to the event was that someone walked off with a 15" LCD Konka TV without paying for it. I personally hope that when whomever stole it, watches that TV, that they think about the needy veteran that will not be able to be helped because they decided that they needed the TV more than the veterans group. I hope your mother is very proud of you. You make me ill! If anyone happens to come across an extra TV that meets the description, you can call Ray Anton at 763-689-9684.

There will be no questions asked and the identity will remain confidential.On a much happier note, the most gratifying comment that I received was from one of our Chapter members who said, "You know most of the time when Vietnam Vets get together it is doom and gloom or negative but this was a celebration and I had an absolute wonderful time.

Thank you very much!"My comment back to him was, "No, Thank-you very much for your service!"My intent was for this to be a celebration and judging by the success it will become an annual event.The real benefits that will come from this event is for VVA Chapter #684 to have the resources to lend a helping hand to a veteran in need! Thanks again to everyone that helped to make this a very special event!

Jaysen GuthMueller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaysen - well done sir! It was a great event. Glad I could make it.

My only regret is that I didn't bring a camera so my wife could get a pic with our baby and Chase!