About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Thank you

I want to thank all the volunteers and supporters that worked hard for our win on November 7th. I am humbled by the level of support I received from Isanti voters. Our specific agenda of Citizen Safety, Economic Reform and Responsible City Government and all it entails led to our success. We have a lot of hard work to do in the years to come but together we can lay the foundation for Isanti’s future.

The Council will be meeting in January in goal setting sessions. I will lay out specifics of the agenda at that time. In the past two years the goal setting session lasted 4 hours on one day. The amount of work we have to do will determine how many day long sessions we will need to get the work done. The success or failure of the goal setting sessions be critical to our future.

I will also want to hear from those with suggestions for improvements. I will be meeting with individuals and groups to discuss the Agenda and listen to outside analysis. If you would like to be part of that process please let me know.

I will keep you updated

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard from a good source that they want to appoint the third seat in council that you(GEORGE) will leave vacant in Jan.. I think that the voters need to have a say in this since it is an elected position. We need to hold a special election so this is done right and fair. There are five people, including my self, who worked very hard to win the votes last few months. They did not get elected by a small margin and deserve a shot at this to serve the residents of Isanti. Please tell every one this. write a letter to the editor or to the city hall. We need to have a say in this and be heard. Thank you George for letting me tell this important info.