About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pedestrian Bridge

I had two great meetings the last few days regarding the proposed pedestrian bridge across highway 65. We have been discussing the placement of the bridge along Broadway or just north of the old burger top property. Met today with the developers of the piece of property to the east of 65. The meeting went very well and I believe will lead us to a common vision of the much needed amenity. The new school and residential development east of 65 will more than double Isanti's population.

The bridge would not be built for a number of years but we must complete the planning process now so we may start to apply for federal funding. Federal and state funding should pay 80% plus of the project cost.

Having this planned now will allow for the commercial developments to incorporate the bridge into there plans.

We must provide a safe option to cross 65 since the City made the decision to develop east of 65.

I will keep you updated as new information comes available.

No comments: